The Mindroot Foundation has started a signature campaign in support of mental health under #yesihavementaldisorder. This campaign will continue till the upcoming World Mental Health Day (10th October 2018). Please support us in this social endeavor by liking, sharing and signing. Together we can make a big difference.
In India, more than 17 crores (14%) of Indian population needs mental health intervention. Still, only one out of ten people seeks professional help for mental health problems. There is a huge gap between the services needed urgently and services available to reduce this burden.
Other facts about mental health disorders:
• 1 out of 4 is suffering from mental health issues
• 1 out of 5 is suffering from Depression
• About 20% of the world’s children and adolescents have mental disorders or problems
• Mental and substance use disorders are the leading cause of disability worldwide
• Around 8,00,000 people commit suicide every year, and it’s a second leading cause of death in 15-29 age group
• Mental health disorders can happen to anyone and are not a sign of weakness or fault
Lack of awareness, Stigma, and Discrimination are the biggest hurdles faced by patients and families seeking mental health care. The Mindroot Foundation is concerned with addressing this global issue.